Low Carb/Keto-ish Chili
Makes 6 Servings
Time 30-45 Minutes (including prep time)
- 1 T avocado oil
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1 C chopped bell pepper (your choice of color)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can peeled, diced tomatoes (petite preferred)
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 2 t coconut aminos
- 1 t ground mustard powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 t granulated garlic
- 1 t curry powder
- ¼-½ t cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a large pot, add oil and your minced garlic; heat on medium heat until your garlic is browned.
- Add in your chopped green peppers and toss to coat in your seasoned oil.
- Add your 2 lbs of meat and brown; be sure to salt and pepper your meat.
- Once your meat is thoroughly cooked; add the tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, and remaining seasonings; stir thoroughly.
- Let simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes (the longer the better/more flavor).
- Portion and serve, topped with your favorite chili toppings (we usually enjoy sour cream and shredded cheese!)
No useless chatter today! This recipe is super easy and usually takes me about 30-45 minutes. For my BLW (baby-led-weaning) cutie Arlo, I also cook up noodles (that typically use pea, lentil, cauliflower, or zucchini flour) and add those to her chili.
Macros will depend on brands that you purchase; but here is a rough estimate (not counting toppings.)
Total Fat: 30.8 g
Total Carb: 13.7 g
Fiber: 4.1 g
Net Carb: 9.6 g
Protein: 35.7 g