Hooray! It’s our (finally) Fall Bucket List!
If you’re anything like me, you wait all year for Fall to roll around! I mean, what’s not to love? Cool, crisp weather, sweaters, beanies, layers, pretty colors outside, muted shades of burgundy and olive green, and let’s not forget PSL at Starbucks! I mean, if it isn’t your favorite season, I’m not sure you can be in my tribe.
Now that our kids are a bit older (7, 5, 4, and 4), we can REALLY dive into Fall activities and our family loved our Summer bucket list SO much that we’ve decided to try to do one every season! As a Type A compulsive list-maker, who am I to say no? So I give you our Fantastically Fabulous Fall 2018 Bucket List featuring leftovers from the Summer list that didn’t get done.
- Go to the library– CANNOT believe this didn’t get done in the Summertime, but it’ll be a great activity for a cold, maybe rainy day!
- Visit the East Idaho Aquarium– another fab idea for when I HAVE to leave the house, but it’s too cold for the park
- Pick pumpkins– our favorite place is U-pick Red Barn
- Make pepitas– Pepitas are one of my favorite childhood snacks. Although in this case, I’m cheating and just roasting pumpkin seeds, but I’m teaching the kids Spanish and “pepitas” is a fun word, so yeah….
- Make rice crispy treats– I’ve always wanted to be the mom who makes treats regularly with/for the family, but I’m just not, so this should be fun and easy enough!
- Carve pumpkins– to this day, I have never really carved a pumpkin! I have drilled holes into one, but I’ve never carved! While the thought of 3 out of 4 kids with sharp utensils scares me senseless, I think we can pull this off!
- Go to a corn maze– I’m actually really excited to see which ones the other contributors recommend
- Make calaveritas– This is another of my childhood memories. My parents weren’t super hands-on or crafty with me (not complaining at all!), but I remember always seeing these little sugar skulls and thinking they were the coolest, so I’m excited to order some supplies on Amazon and to teach the kiddos a bit about our ancestors and culture
- Photo booth– I may have failed at this in the summer. Whoops!
- Drink apple cider– I know it’s available year-round, but don’t tell the kids! They ask if it’s fall yet so they can have some special apple juice and they’re only little for a little while, so this is an easy way to keep the magic alive
- Watch a football game– We are CRAZY Dallas Cowboys fans in this house and I dream of the day the kids can sit still for a whole game and maybe even enjoy it!
- Bake cookies– HA! I may even do this batch from scratch!!
- Go trick or treating TWICE– My boys LOVE trick-or-treating! Since I’m due November 20th and generally have delivered a couple of weeks early, this had to go on the list. Who knows when baby will come, but our costumes are picked out and we WILL go twice!
- HAVE A BABY!!!
There you have it! I hope this inspires you to share some awesome time with your loved ones and I hope you’ll share your fun Fall ideas with us!! If you need some ideas check out our Ultimate Guide to Fall Activities.